Lots of ideas for yourself… or as a present for someone else…
Visit the Museum Shop where we have a wide selection of:
- local history books written by local researchers
- local historical maps
- and small gift items for children
How to pay?
We welcome cash or cheque supported by a bank card.
Sorry, but we can’t process debit or credit cards.
Books on Local History
Browse our bookshop for books with a local significance:
- See our latest Featured Publication at the bottom of the page
- Learn about Thornbury Castle’s history
- Find out what went on in the Thornbury Workhouse
- Uncover the history of Daggs Allotments
- Read about W.G.Grace’s cricket matches for and against Thornbury
- Discover the history of Thornbury’s pubs
- Browse old photos of Alveston and Thornbury in ‘Alveston Through Time’ and ‘Thornbury Through Time’
- Read the stories of local people who worked in the aerospace industry
- Find out who’s buried in Oldbury Churchyard
- Learn about 19th and 20th century school life in Olveston and in Thornbury
- Discover the history of opposition to slavery in South Gloucestershire
Items for Children
Keep children and grandchildren busy….
- Roman, Tudor and Victorian Activity Packs
- Roman colouring posters
- Roman, Medieval, Tudor & Victorian colouring cards
- Key rings (Roman Soldier, Pterodactyl, Triceratops, Skeleton)
- Model soldiers (boxed)
- Centurion pencil sharpeners
- Roman Gladiator Helmet pencil toppers and pencils
- Roman History rulers
- Quill pen
- Small packages of rocks and minerals (geodes, amethyst, rose quartz…)
- Notelets and postcards
- Historic Thornbury shopping bags
- Historic Thornbury tea towels
- Local historical maps
Published July 2015 – now available in the Museum Shop:
THORNBURY THROUGH TIME – The Revised Edition
by museum researchers Tony Cherry and Meg Wise
Special Introductory Offer – £13.99
This revised edition of the “Thornbury Through Time” book, originally published in 2010, has been updated with approximately 40% new photos.
With over 180 photographs in total, the book traces some of the ways in which Thornbury has changed and developed over the last century.
The recently discovered Thornbury Quilt has added to our knowledge of Thornbury as it was at the beginning of the twentieth century and some of this information has been included in the revised edition.
Buy this book if you want to discover more about Thornbury Market and the town’s butchers, Thornbury architecture, Thornbury retailers through time, and the changing nature of Thornbury at work and Thornbury at play.